The purpose of the annual report is to set out the local authority’s improvement journey in providing services to the residents of Conwy. This report aims to demonstrate how we have promoted well-being and accounted for the delivery of well-being standards. It reports on areas of new development and revisits what we said we’d do during 2020-21, rather than trying to capture all areas of our work; it also evaluates our performance in relation to achieving social care duties. The annual report is a requirement for every local authority in Wales.
This time our service priorities have been aligned to the eight new national quality standards of wellbeing outcomes which have four areas of focus:
- All people are equal partners who have voice, choice and control over their lives and are able to achieve what matters to them.
- Effective leadership is evident at all levels with a highly skilled, well qualified and supported workforce working towards a shared vision.
- The need for care and support is minimised and the escalation of need is prevented, whilst ensuring that the best possible outcomes for people are achieved.
- Resilience within our communities is promoted and people are supported to fulfil their potential by actively encouraging and supporting people who need care and support, including carers, to learn, develop and participate in society.
Partnerships and Integration
- Effective partnerships are in place to commission and deliver fully integrated, high quality, sustainable outcomes for people.
- People are encouraged to be involved in the design and delivery of their care and support as equal partners.
- People are protected and safeguarded from abuse and neglect, and any other types of harm.
- People are supported to actively manage their well-being and make their own informed decisions so that they are able to achieve their full potential and live independently for as long as possible.
This report demonstrates how we have delivered against these eight areas, through updates on developments, case studies, feedback from individuals who use our services, and performance measures. It has been written with the public in mind, but will also serve as an insight into our 2020-21 journey to a broad range of stakeholders, including councillors, our partners, regulators and Welsh Government. We hope you enjoy reading it.